- 40 Grams Almond Meal
- 3 Eggs
- 100 Grams Sugar
- 175 Milliliters Milk
- 500 Grams Cherries
- 175 Milliliters Crème Fraîche
- 57 Grams Kirsch or Rum
- 45 Grams Cornstarch
- 30 Grams Butter for the Mold
- 30 Grams Sugar for the Mold
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- In a large bowl, mix the cornstarch, almond meal, eggs, sugar, milk, cream, rum or kirsch, and vanilla seeds. Cut the bean in half and remove the seeds with the back of the knife.
- Let it relax in the fridge for at least 1 hour, but best if left overnight.
- Pit the cherries (it is better with the pits but you have to remember them when you eat).
- Add the butter to the bottom of the cooking dishes with a brush and the sugar.
- Divide the cherries into your dish or dishes and pour the mixture about halfway.
- Bake at 180°C (375°F) until golden brown (about 20 mins).
Fortified Wine, Maydie Tannat Vintage, Château D'aydie: Red wine, sweet and rich, nice cherry kirsh flavors, hints of roasted almonds, a fortified wine from the South West of France. - Wine suggestions by Frederic Duverger.