Chicken Terrine with Dried Apricots
You may just want to take this chicken terrine to your next BBQ or picnic. This makes a lovely addition to your family gatherings.
- 500 Grams(1 pound) Pork Belly
- 500 Grams(1 pound) Chicken Breast
- 140 Grams(5 oz) Dried Apricots
- 90 Grams(3 oz) Crème Fraîche or sour cream
- 2 Eggs
- 15 Grams(2 TBS) Salt
- 1 Teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- Remove skin and bones from the pork. Be sure to keep the fat, cut in cubes, and finely ground *.
- Mix the pork with crème fraîche, eggs, salt, and pepper. Use your hands or the stand-up mixer with the paddle.
- Cut the skinless chicken breast into small cubes (half-inch/ 1,5cm)
- Cut the apricots into small cubes, (1/4 inch, 1cm)
- Add them to the pork mixture.
- Fill it up a terrine around 12 inches long x 6 inches large x 8 inches high with your mixture. Press with a spoon several times to be sure there are no air bubbles.
- Put in your cold oven, and turn to 160ºC ( 320ºF) for 1h30 mn. Turn the oven off and let cool down in the oven. When it has cooled down almost completely move it to the fridge for at least 24 hours before you enjoy it.
- Have some toasted or grilled old fashion country bread with it and our pickled onions. (see recipe).