- 2 Egg Whites
- 60 Grams(2oz) Honey
- 60 Grams(2 oz) Sugar
- 200 Grams(1 cup) Whipping Cream
- 50 Grams(2 oz) Candied Fruits
- 50 Grams(1.5oz) Pistachio
We all love ice-cream in the summer but why not try nougat which is just as easy and no need for an ice-cream maker. The French call it nougat glacé or frozen nougat, sweetened with honey, it is very similar to an Italian semifreddo. This recipe is a delicious dessert made in the Dessert Cooking Class in Paris.
- In a sauce pan, make the syrup, which is the sugar with a little bit of water (30 ml / 2 tbsp.) to reach 130º C. / 266º F.
- Beat the egg whites and once the egg whites reach a soft peak, gradually pour in the sugar syrup. Then add the honey.
- Mix all together and let it cool down.
- Whip the cream and once the first preparation has cooled down add the whipped cream to it. Mix all together and add nuts such as pistachios or almonds and dried or candied fruit.
- Pour into individual molds or a large one but you can choose your mold of choice.
- Let the nougat set in the freezer overnight. (Properly stored, frozen nougat can be kept up to 1 week in the freezer.)
- Serve with fresh fruit and coulis.