Salted Caramel Ice-Cream
Salted caramel ice-cream! Need I say more. A delicious flavor for your next ice-cream making adventure.
FOR THE CARAMEL
- 100 Grams(3 oz) Sugar
- 60 Grams(2 oz) Butter
- 1 Teaspoons Fleur de sel
- 100 Grams Whipping Cream (Double Cream)
FOR THE CRÈME ANGLAISE
- 400 Milliliters(13.5 fl oz) Whole Milk
- 100 Milliliters(3.4 fl oz) Whipping Cream (Double Cream)
- 3 Egg Yolk
- 60 Grams(2 oz) Sugar
- Make the caramel:In a saucepan over medium heat, make a nice caramel with the sugar. You want to “burn” the sugar until you get a nice golden brown color or a little darker maybe but not too much or it will be bitter.
- When you reach the color you want, take the pan off the heat and add the butter, whisk carefully and add the cream. Bring back to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes, remove from the heat and add the salt. reserve for later.
Make the crème Anglaise:
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar well, boil milk and cream, and pour slowly, while whisking, on top the eggs and sugar.
- Add the caramel sauce, bring to medium heat but be sure to have no boiling, mix all the time with a wooden spoon, until it gets thicker, will take 4 to 5 minutes. Remove in a cold bowl and let cool down at room temperature. Then leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Use the ice cream machine as per the instructions & enjoy freshly made.