Green Asparagus with Honey, Orange and Tarragon Dressing
One of the first recipes we did at Cook'n With Class using seasonal asparagus with a tangy and sweet sauce
- Saucepan, Cutting Board, Mixing Bowl, Small Whisk, Peeler, Knife
- 16 Asparagus
- 1 Tomato
- A Few Tarragon Leaves for Deco
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Tarragon (or other herbs you like)
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
Prepare the Asparagus
- Peel the asparagus 2 inches down from the tip. Delicately wash them in cold water.
- Boil a large quantity of water and salt generously, and boil the asparagus for 3 to 5 minutes until tender but a bit firm. Check with the tip of a knife. Shock them in ice water to fix the green color. When cold, drain and dry on a paper towel.
- Dice the tomatoes into small chunks.
- Serve on a plate or a serving dish, a few tarragon leaves or any herb with the tomato chunks. It will give a nice finish to the plate.